Create Your Text
- Start Blender.
- Remove the default cube. (X)
- Add text. (Alt+A) Select Text and press TAB
- You may want to switch to edit mode (TAB) and use the variety of features that Blender provides for editing, formatting and laying out text. . For a start just use BACKSPACE to delete the letters “Text” and type your own like “This is simple”.
- When finished editing go back to object mode. (TAB)
- Convert your text to a mesh. (ALT+C → Mesh)
- Press P
Change Text color
Here is a video on how to change the color of the text or object in blender. I saved it right at the moment he shows how to do it. –LAMBO